Monday 3 June 2013

Clarins Skincare Samples Reviewed

I am really getting into skincare at the moment and, after blogging my skincare routine here, I decided to experiment with a few more products so I can get into a routine that really suits my skin. I had some Clarins Samples kicking about and have trialled four to review here.

Water Comfort One-Step Cleanser - With Peach Essential Water

This cleanser is unlike the ones I usually use as it is a liquid rather than a cream. I found it really handy that this cleanser doesn't need to be washed off. I used cotton pads to wipe it over my skin and it meant a lot less mess than a cleanser that needs rinsed. The smell of this is really off-putting. It is almost a dusty smelling peach and not pleasant at all. After using this my skin didn't feel particularly clean and I wanted to give it a good wash with water.

Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover Lotion

I really enjoyed using this eye make-up remover and would consider buying this in the future. Although called a lotion, this product is watery like a toner and like the cleanser above. It didn't have much of a smell which suited me fine because the cleanser's smell wasn't nice. I used this product on cotton pads and found it was really gentle when removing make up from such a sensitive area. On the downside it took 2 pads per eye to remove my mascara with this lotion but overall it was a good result. 

HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel

I have used this cream three times in total and won't be using it again. On application this product makes my skin tingle and sting. As it soaks in, my skin begins to feel itchy. I am someone who gets one spot a year but after using this cream I had several spots within the next day. It may work well for others but this cream is definitely not for me.

One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser - With Orange Extract

Normally I love an orange scented product but I am not a fan of the smell of this exfoliator. Although this describes itself as gentle, I found it a little too harsh for my skin and couldn't rub it in as much as I usually would. Afterwards my skin felt smooth and clean so I would maybe use this on a weekly basis as it is too harsh for a daily product. 

Clarins are a high end brand and their products are usually out of my budget. After sampling these four, I don't feel like I am missing much. I would consider buying the make up remover again and I did like the idea of a cleanser that doesn't need rinsed but the effects of these products just didn't match up to the price tag.

Do you recommend any Clarins products that are worth the cash?

Don't forget to follow :)





10 comments:

  1. I really like a lip balm they do (I can't remember what it's called) but it's divine. Really chapped lips get sorted out with that lip balm :) x
    silverscreenbeautyqueen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool il check it out. I just expect something special for those kind of prices.
      Iv followed your blog xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha.
      Are you a follower?
      Love yours photos
      X

      Delete
  3. Lovely clarins post,

    Following you on Google!

    Harjit x
    http://thetestingpanel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Do you mean google plus? I don't use that so best place to follow me is google friend connectf!
      Xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the advice, great review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.
      Are you a follower? X

      Delete
  5. What a good idea to try out the sample sizes!!

    And that cleanser water sounds amazing. I love that you don't have to rinse it off -- I'm lazy with things like that, so the water seems perfect!

    Lovely post! Just followed you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the follow. The cleanser really grew on me. Might buy full size
      X

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)