Monday 8 July 2013

Nip + Fab 365 Body Glow Fix - Clear Tanning Gel - Review


This month's Cosmopolitan magazine offered a choice of Nip + Fab samples as a free gift. My boyfriend brought me home a copy and he very cleverly chose the tanning gel. I love tanning but rarely buy anything other than Lauren's Way because I feel like I can't afford to experiment. Needless to say I was looking forward to trying this free sample.

Firstly, the smell. This doesn't have the tan smell at all, in fact it smells delicious. It's very sweet and reminds me of tuti-fruiti or bubblegum but not in a sickly way! The tan is a clear gel and usually I prefer a tint so I can say where iv put it. That being said I did manage even application as I was very careful and could see a shine on my skin where the product was. This goes on a dream.

The packaging claims this to be fast-drying, streak-free and hydrating. I didn't find it particularly fast drying and could feel it on my skin for several hours however it was really hydrating and felt like a really good moisturiser on application.

Before:

After:

I will admit that I normally go for a very 'fake tan' colour and this doesn't provide that. What it does provide however is a lovely natural looking glow that is very forgiving if your application skills are not up to scratch! 

If you are looking for a natural look, more of a glow than a tan or just something to take the edge off your whiteness then this is for you. It so easy to apply, I didn't even use gloves - just washed my palms after application. It smells lovely and it's leaves your skin super soft. I think I'll be buying this in the future for a work-friendly tan!

Have you tried this? Let me know what you think!


16 comments:

  1. I love the look of this, Think I will be picking one up myself :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 55ml sample is free in Cosmo right now!! X

      Delete
  2. This looks like quite a good colour, I've only ever seen the one, medium I think, on offer, nothing for me being pasty white xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this for pale skin! Really natural looking x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love it!! And I'm surprised it smells good...that's definitely a plus. I think I need to do some sort of self-tanning soon. My skin is far too pale right now haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it smells so lovely and sweet! Xx

      Delete
  4. This looks fab! You can't beat a freebie either :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went for the dry leg fix Superdrug website have the full size on offer ATM great post just followed :) please follow me too :)

    Thanks for your comment on my sleek candy collection post :)

    Much love
    Xxxa

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds really lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review..I never try any tanning product before (>_<) But I think i will give it a try :-)

    misseharascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's on offer on the Superdrug website just now too xx

      Delete
  8. CLEAR tanning gel? Well this is just baffling - I usually use the Dark St Moriz so end up looking very much like a mahogany coffee table before I wash it off....

    Stylingo

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol yup this is clear. No stained sheets or anything!!!
      X

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)