Wednesday 14 August 2013

Natural Lip Balms - Featuring Oh! Organics

I am addicted to lip balm and have been for sometime. I carry one at all times and keep several back-ups in my handbag, let alone the collection I have gathered at home. I put lip balm on throughout the day and sleep with some by my bed. As I say, I am addicted. This post is a collective post reviewing some of the natural lip balms that I have recently got.

 Oh! Organics Vegan Lip Balm Tubes* £2.75 each







The Oh! Organics lip balms are made using natural organic ingredients that are ethically and sustainably sourced.and are approved by the Vegetarian Society. These are vegan and use wax from the candlelilla shrub mixed with aloe butter and almond oil. The balms sink into lips rather than forming a layer over the top. This makes them different to other lip products as they don't leave your lips feeling wet or sliding together. Instead they leave your lips feeling soft and hydrated.

These lip balms are available in several varieties. I have tangerine, lemon and lime and honey peach. The scents are all very mild and they all have a mild, pleasant taste. These come in a tube making them easy to apply and handy to throw in your bag. At the price you really can't go wrong and these are a lovely natural addition to my growing lip balm collection.

For more details and to buy these click here.

Arran Aromatics Honey and Lemon Lip Balm £3.50



This was actually bought for me as a gift after my parents visited Arran on a holiday. This lip balm smells amazing! I can't stop sniffing it! It's a gorgeous mix of lemon and honey and reminds me of a hot drink on a winters day. The lip balm slides over the lips easily and allows for lips to be easily rubbed together. The product is in a tub meaning its a bit tricky to apply, especially if you are wearing nail extensions! I use my pinky so as to avoid making a hole in the product. 

Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Tinted Lip Balm £4.95



The packing of this lip balm is amazing, really pretty and luxury looking. The product is 100% natural and petroleum free. These balms are tinted and the one I have is a red. The colour is very sheer and leaves a natural, summery look. The smell is very subtle and almost not noticeable. This is a little on the pricey side for an every day lip balm but the lovely packaging makes it a great gift. 

Have you tried any of these lip balms? Comment to let me know what you thought! 

8 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the Oh! lip balms, I bet honey peach smells divine xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend them. They make a great base for lipstick because they aren't shiny or wet so you don't have to rub it off!
      X

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try the Figs and Rouge for ages! Great post chick :)

    I've nominated you for the Liebster award

    http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-libster-award.html

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nominated you for the Liebster award! If you want to accept, then click on the link below and answer the questions!

    http://aliceandallthatjazz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award-my-first-award.html

    (Sorry if you have already been nominated!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great

    http://gya-make-up.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)