Friday 2 August 2013

One Direction Kiss You Lipstick by MUA

I am no big 1D fan. I will bop along to their songs and find them catchy but I'm not caught up in the hype and I find them all far too young looking to fancy! Hence I was surprised at myself when I jumped in my car, wrestled through the traffic and searched for a parking space in the busy town centre, just to get my hands on one of the lipsticks!


There are 5 lipsticks in the new makeup range by MUA - one for each of the boys. Each comes in the same outer packaging, a bullet shaped casing with the Kiss You logo printed on it.


The bottom of the casing shows the colour. Unlike the regular MUA lipsticks, this doesn't come off.


I have no particular fondness for any of the 1D boys and so I chose my lipstick purely by colour. The one I chose turned out to be Louis and is called Rock Me. Each lipstick has the signature of one of the boys on the metal part.


The lipstick has a raised pattern on it and says 1D on the tip. This was no longer visible after one use.


The colour I chose was the purple shade with an almost blue undertone to it. I chose it because I have nothing like it in my collection. It's a lovely shade and really suits my skin tone. The lipstick is well pigmented and goes on well, with a creamy consistency.

These lipsticks are exclusive to Superdrug and retail at £3. Considering MUA lipsticks are normally £1 I think they have been quite cheeky in hiking up the price so much higher. That being said, this is still a cheap lipstick and I love the colour I chose.

Will you be trying any of these?



21 comments:

  1. I was also like this when I saw the new releases from MUA. I'm not a fan of 1d but I did like some of the products in the range!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be reviewing one of the lip polishes later too :)

      Delete
  2. I bet Superdrug has never been so busy! I can't wait to get mine tomorrow!

    Shannon x

    (Fangirls&Foundations)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, one of the colours was totally sold out in my local store x

      Delete
    2. Really?! I hope they still have some left in my local store, some of the lippy colours looks amazing! x

      Delete
    3. My Superdrug is really tiny xx

      Delete
    4. Ours isn't big either, fingers crossed that I can get hold of anything! Keep up the great work with your blog, It's seriously awesome! x

      Delete
    5. Aw thank you :) really nice of you x

      Delete
  3. I actually really like this lipstick but One Direction are the most annoying people/band in the world xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Try not to think about them when you wear it x

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen these yet! This colour looks gorgeous :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rushed out to buy one .... Lol!! X

      Delete
  5. Not a massive 1D fan myself but this colour is really nice and quiet a decent price really i expected it to be higher :) xx
    http://champagneandlemonadeox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the colour is gorgeous. It's a decent price for a lipstick, just not the prices we have come to expect from MUA! X

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah I like it too. If only they could make Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan versions ...... Lol!
      X

      Delete
  7. That looks like a really nice colour!i thought this make up range would be cheap rubbish so interesting to read your review!i guess the next generation of beauty bloggers will prob all be buying this:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! But, even being a grown-up, I just couldn't resist lol x

      Delete
  8. I've seen these but haven't tried them yet! Like you, I don't really like 1D but I'd liek to try them purely for the shades :)

    http://misskirstyworsty.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)