Sunday 15 September 2013

Glossybox - September 2013 - The London Edition


The London Edition 
Glossybox seems to be late in the month this time round but it was definitely worth the wait. The theme of this months box is London. I'm never really sure about the themes because the products don't always seem to match but the box is definitely in keeping with the theme. Inside the box the tissue is also London themed. I can't say I'm a huge fan of this design but the box will get used all the same. Glossybox have changed their insert once again, now opting for a glossy magazine and a product menu card, similar to the Souk Souk box. I really like this change.


Eyelure Pre-glued lashes - Full size £5.06
I occasionally wear false lashes and have used this brand several times before. I like them but I don't usually opt for pre-glued. I will use these on a night out though and it will be interesting to see how the pre-glued ones last.


Toni&Guy Hair Meets Wardrobe Classic Shine & Gloss Serum - Full size £7.19
I don't use many hair products but I do like a bit of shine spray so I will be interested in trying this. This is to be used on blow-dried hair to control frizz. I also like the packaging which is a funky black and grey.

Elizabeth Arden Untold - 5ml Sample (£48 for 50ml)
I'm never one to moan about a perfume sample and I especially love it when they are a decent size and in a proper little bottle like this one. The bottle is lovely and this perfume smells gorgeous. I get over a months use of daily wear from a 5ml sample so keep up the good wok Glossybox! 


Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Eye Liner - Full size $14
Bit confused about this one. The price is in dollars but I thought the theme of the box was products from Britain. This is a felt-tip eyeliner. I haven't used one before so I am looking forward to giving it a go. It is in black which is good because I have occasionally had these things in colours I wouldn't use.

Rimmel Stay Blushed Blusher - Full size £4.49 
I am predicting some backlash on this product because Rimmel has never been considered a luxury brand. Personally this doesn't bother me as I like Rimmel products and I look forward to giving this a go.

I love this box and I am really impressed with the 4 full sized products that I received. 

I wasn't sure whether to write a review of my Glossybox this month so I would love to know if my readers still want these monthly posts. Please comment in the box below :) 
 
 

 
 

26 comments:

  1. I would love it if you carried on as I love reading about people's opinions on their Glossyboxes and what different things come in them.

    I was very late to the Glossybox bandwagon and this months was only my 3rd and I was really happy with it. The eyeliner did throw me too with it being in USD but I read on their Twiiter timeline that the box was about brands that are "in" in London at the minute.

    I didn't get the Rimmel blush but got an HD Brows bronzer instead and that is great. It had a shimmer on it when I first opened it but that was only a top layer and it is matte which I am thrilled about.

    Fi xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw il definitely keep writing them if you want to read them. Ah I didn't see that about the eyeliner, that makes a little more sense now!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am just photographing my Glossybox and my LoveMeBeauty box at the moment so I can get my blog entries up. It doesn't help that it is chucking it down outside and is so dark. Your pics look fantastic. Please keep writing them if you have time, I just adore reading them and have found quite a few things that I didn't get in my box but others did and I have bought on their recommendations which is fantastic.

      Fi xoxox

      Delete
    3. What's the lovemebeauty box? My pics aren't very good today due to rubbish lighting, rain like where you are! But thanks :)

      Delete
    4. It is Beauteco Box but rebranded - here is the link

      www.lovemebeauty.com (they are on twitter now as @LoveMeBeauty). It is taking ages to load at the moment, if you haven't heard of it you get a choice of 3 boxes so you know what you are getting in advance. I am just doing my blog post on it now as it absolutely knocked my Glossybox out of the park this month, I loved it.

      There is another one too that I don't know if you have heard of,

      http://www.box-delux.com/#!home/mainPage

      It is Boxdelux (they are on twitter as @boxdelux1). It is a LOT more expensive than Birchbox, Glossybox and LoveMeBox but you can just buy a one off as a treat. I have this month, it was a £36 box with 15% off (the code is box15 if you are interested). I got as a 1 off as the makeup bag is worth £30 alone! I got the skincare box to try out.

      When I have done my LoveMeBeauty box blog entry (just doing it now) do you want me to link you up to it so you can see what it is?

      Fi xoxox

      Delete
    5. Oh I didn't know beauteco had rebranded. Have you written a post of your boxdelux? If so, link me up to both!!! Xx

      Delete
    6. Just waiting for my Boxdelux to be delivered, so will get that one photographed and written up asap! Just in the middle of doing my LoveMeBeauty blog post so will link you to that as there is an absolute GEM in there this month xoxox

      Delete
    7. Oh great, link me up! Looki forward to it :) xx

      Delete
    8. Just popped it up now, hope you enjoy!

      http://dandffeatures.blogspot.com/2013/09/lovemebeauty-box-september-2013.html

      Fi xoxox :)

      Delete
    9. Aw thanks il check it out x

      Delete
  2. I didn't get the rimmel or the HD brows..i got a 3ml sample of nipple balm :( feel cheated :( love reading reviews on glossybox though so keep doing it x

    http://thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw my sister got that and she likes it! Thanks Il keep doing them :) x

      Delete
  3. We got almost the same box, except you got the Rimmel Blush and I got a random Nipple Cream. I love the surprise though and it's just the nature of the beast to get things you might not want isn't it? Great review x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this nipple cream I keep hearing of?!!! Lol yeah it really is. Never had anything I don't like yet though :) xx

      Delete
  4. I got the Nipple Cream rather than the blush, but I liked the box xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it called nipple cream?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was initially made for women who were breastfeeding for cracked//sore nipples but they've branched out now and its multipurpose balm :) it's meant to be great tho x

      Delete
    2. I see! That's interesting!! X

      Delete
  6. Lovely items! I believe Be a Bombshell is an American product, haha, so I'm with you on not sure how it fits into the "London" box. Maybe because all you UK gals are such bombshells ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's for sale in the UK now ..... Still not British though haha x

      Delete
  7. I've received my box but it was sent home and i'm now back at uni so can't open it! (sad face. Some of these products look exciting to use so cant wait to open mine!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading Glossybox reviews so definitely keep them up :) This month's box looks great, typical this would have been the month I unsubscribed from them!

    Claire from Stylingo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks I will! I don't think il ever leave for fear of that happening haha x

      Delete
  9. I thought glossybox was a little late this Month too! Aah wish I'd have received that Rimmel blusher in mine! I wonder whether it was because of 'Get the London look'? xxx
    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm guessing that too. I do like it!!

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)