Thursday 21 November 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

I have been trying a lot of foundations lately. I used to buy a bottle and then wear it every day until completion before buying another. It was only since I started blogging that I realised I could have more than one foundation at one time! Now I have several and use them on different days, when I need different things from my makeup.

I bought this product in the recent Boots 3 for 2. I hadn't heard much about it but the packaging caught my eye and I decided to give it a go. I included this in a haul post and found that loads of you were really curious about this and asking to see a review.

The Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation is available in 6 shades. I am Soft Beige which is the 4th colour. If you have extremely pale or dark skin, I doubt there will be a shade for you. Saying that, the shade that I bought is perfect for my skin and an excellent match. 

Picture of the matte foundation by Rimmel

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

I love the packing of this foundation. The product is in a tube rather than a bottle which allows the mousse-like foundation to be easily dispensed. The tube has a matte finish which is obviously in keeping with the product! When I bought this I took it home and swatched a little on my hand. I wasn't very happy with it and didn't like how thick and dry it felt. This initial test put me off trying the foundation on my fase at first. Thank goodness I did in the end ....

I usually use a damp Real Techniques sponge to blend my foundation but wasn't sure how well that would work with this. I dabbed small amounts all over my face and used the sponge at first. This worked better than I imagined but I felt the need to even out a few bits with my fingers which I don't usually with liquid foundations. The next time I used this, I used just my fingers and got a better result. After one thin coat the coverage was pretty decent. I applied a little extra under my eyes and to blemishes, which I did with my fingers, and this meant I didn't need to use any concealer. The coverage is excellent and my face looked flawless. The foundation obviously has a matte finish but I used a little setting powder on a buffing brush just to even it out. I love the look of this product on my face! I applied this at arond 11am and when I removed it at 11pm it had not budged!

What I really love about this is how it feels on the skin. My face is left feeling really silky and smooth and this feeling lasts all day. I expected this foundation to be dry, which wouldn't have been a problem for my normal skin, but it's actually really creamy and doesn't seem to cling to any areas, even dry spots.

I am very impressed with this product and will definitely be using it regularly. It looks lovely and lasts all day! At £5.99 this is an excellent product and I'm so happy that I tried it! 


2 comments:

  1. Ohh I hope there is a colour to suit me! I'm forever searching for the perfect foundation, even though I only wear it on VERY special occasions... Problems!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try this! I just love it x

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)