Sunday 15 June 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box - June 2014

I love beauty boxes and have tried several over the last year but I soon tire of them or realise that I should be spending my money else where. They are a lovely treat but the are an expensive treat and always the first thing to go when I need to tighten my budget. Of all the beauty boxes I have subscribed to over the past few months, I have never been more impressed than by You Beauty Discovery. At the moment it is the only box I subscribe to and I can't see myself cancelling any time soon.

 

Firstly this box is less of a gamble because you get to choose 2 of the products that you are sent. The list always has a variety of products to choose from in full size and luxury sample sizes. With your 2 chosen products you are sent 2 extras. These are usually small samples or sometimes food. These add the surprise factor for those that like that element of beauty boxes. The whole thing is packaged nicely in a cute wee box which I use again. However the best part for me is the price. At £6.95 including postage this is by far the cheapest beauty box on the market.

 

Now for this months box:

As with most beauty boxes, this comes with a little booklet. The book is the same for everyone and so has information on all the products that were available.
I was really impressed with the added extras this month as they are both things that I will definitely use and not little sample sachets which will end up in a drawer! The first was this Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa mask. I have been using this companies masks for years and love them so this was a welcome addition.
Next up was this Compact Heart-shaped Face Cloth. I use 2 face cloths a day and so I need a lot of them to rotate while I wash them. I used to get these all the time when I was a kid and look forward to using this one!
Now for the products I selected:

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lip Colour in Timeless Rose £9.99

It's always nice to see a makeup product on the selection so I instantly added this to my box! Two shades of this were available, the Rose which I chose and a brighter pink. I thought about choosing both but decided to be a bit more adventurous! This is an interesting product and unlike any other lipsticks that I have. The colour is applied using an applicator and stains the lips. When it is dry, the other end is a conditioning balm and helps keeps lips hydrated.

Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel 50ml sample

I tend to stick to makeup and facial skincare products from these boxes so decided to go for something a bit different this time. This is a decent sized sample which will provide plenty of uses and will be handy for swimming, the gym or wee trips away.

 

Overall I am really pleased with this months box and can't wait to see what You Beauty have to offer next month.

 

2 comments:

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)