Saturday 30 August 2014

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Duo - Bronzing Powder and Highlighter - Review

I love Bourjois products and particularly like their bronzing makeup. As soon as I heard of the launch of this contour kit, I began searching for it and soon came across it in Boots for £7.99.
I use the bronzer of this everyday and so was keen to try this new duo product in the range.
Firstly the packaging is almost identical to the bronzer; a stiff card flip case. Inside, the cake of the product is made to look like blocks of chocolate; again mirroring the bronzer. However this time you have 2 brown blocks and 2 white!
Both shades have the gorgeous chocolate scent that we have come to expect from bourjois bronzing products.
When I purchased this I could only see one shade available and so I am not sure if more are available. I would say these are fairly versatile shades which could be worked with on a variety of skin tones. I myself am fairly pale and these are really perfect for me. The bronzer needs a light hand so as to not be too muddy looking but is a lovely warm colour for my complexion.
I use the bronzer with my Real Techniques contour brush which is perfect because it is small enough to get into the product without touching the highlight. The bronzer is easy to build up and blend out to contour cheek bones and give a warm glow.
I take a small Models Own blush brush for the highlight and apply to all areas where the light hits my face. If you like a highlight without too much shimmer then you will love this one. It is a gorgeous colour and not glittery at all.
This palette is so easy to work with and I have been using it daily since purchase. I would definitely say there is still a place for my original bronzer though and I will continue to use both. With my bronzer I like to use a large brush and sometimes apply allover my face for a summer glow and you couldn't do this with the contour bronzer as the pan is too small.
One thing I have noticed about my bronzer is that it tends to develop a shiny layer over the top which needs to be scraped off in order to get any product on the brush. I have no idea what causes this but I hope it doesn't happen to this duo!
Have you tried this product?

 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Bourjois too! This bronzer looks so "yummy!" Haha! Definitely worth trying out. :)

    Olivia x Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this is an amazing product. Definitely worth getting your hands on!

      Delete
  2. I've been using this a lot and I love it. It smells great doesn't it?!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)