Thursday 21 August 2014

Rimmel Brow This Way - Brow Styling Gel - Review

I'm a sucker for a new product, even when it's not something I would usually use! I saw this in Boots and I just had to pick it up and give it a go! This was on introductory offer at the fantastic price of £2.99 however when full price it is only £3.99 so won't break the bank.
I have tried brow mascaras, felt pens and powders in the past but always reverted back to my trusty pencil, also from Rimmel. I find that any other brow products take far longer to get right and I just don't have the paitence or the time when I'm trying to get ready for work in the mornings. With all that being said, it's easy to see that I just picked this up due to how new it was!
I bought this product in dark brown which is the perfect colour for me. From what I could see, and certainly in my local store, only two shades were available; this and a lighter brown. This will limit the amount of people who could buy this and perhaps they will widen the range in the future. My sister has very dark brows and uses a black/brown to fill them in. This certainly wouldn't be dark enough for her.
As you can see, the gel is applied using a mascara wand. I wasn't sure how this would really work for me as my brows are fairly thin. I found this easy to apply to the largest area of my brows but slightly more difficult where they tailed off. I ended up using the tip of the wand to get the fine end however this applied too much product and left them too dark. This product is easy to apply to hairs but doesn't sit well on the skin meaning I couldn't use it to fill in sparse areas and had to use my trusty pencil.
When I had eventually evened out the product and was happy with the result, I went out for the day. The weather was very hot and sweaty and this product stayed put and didn't smudge at all! I was very impressed.
I will use this again for nights out but I can't see myself repurchasing simply because the application just isn't right for my eyebrows. I was however impressed at it's staying power and can as myself using this alongside a pencil to get the perfect brows.

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this pop up and I really want to try it. I have quite thick brows so I imagine I'd get on well with the applicator but like your sister my brows are very dark. Fingers crossed they release some more shades in the future. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cheap that I figured it was worth a go! X

      Delete

I read every comment and will reply if you have a question :)